Honestly, this is how it feels most days, like I’m battling something everyday. And we are, because whether we want to admit it or not, there is a battle for our faith (drum roll please.)
So yesterday was supposed to be a day of rest for me. Didn’t happen quite that way. I’m all about flexibility, but when hard challenges come on the same day, it takes some pretty strong self control to NOT feel consumed by the negativity and bad news.
I began to think ” Why are we always in a battle?” And God reminded me ” Jackie, for all the good things that are coming, there is a battle to be won.”
Do you ever feel like the battle you are presently engaging in, can’t possibly be won? Like you have been battling so long, you don’t have it in you to take this new challenge on and win? Listen, sister, I need you to hear me. That’s exactly what the enemy does…he wears us down so that we will give up the fight and give up on our faith and calling.
Let me remind you that the battle is real
“And everything I’ve taught you is so that the peace which is in me will be in you and will give you great confidence as you rest in me. For in this unbelieving world you will experience trouble and sorrows, but you must be courageous, for I have conquered the world! John 16:33 TPT
When the crazy is heavy and you find yourself tending for every shred of extra energy, you need a “go to ” plan for staying in the fight. So here they are!
- If you are physically tired and overwhelmed by the latest crisis, the first thing to do is get yourself to a place of clear thinking. Sleep, eat and get self care for your emotions before making any major decisions.
- Be armed with your “go to” scripture promises to remind yourself of God’s goodness to you.
- Pray more than you say. Stop repeating the negativity by constantly talking and thinking about it.
- Powerfully speak the word over your situation and get around someone or something encouraging FAST.
- Declare a drama free zone; no drama, gossip, idle chatter about the matter. Choose safe encouraging people to talk with.
- For the spirit of heaviness, put on the garment of praise. Begin to praise God for WHAT IS GOOD.
- Focus on just your next step.
I’m praying for you xxoo Jackie
Jackie Tinkler is the Co-Founder and Ministry Development Director of Something More and lives in Birmingham, Alabama. She has been ministering to women for 20 years as a Women’s Ministry Director, Counselor and Producer. She is co-writing a Women’s Small Group Study “Something Beautiful” and when not leading women to freedom can be found worshipping at Church of the Highlands, decorating her friends’ homes, enjoying time with her family and chocolate lab Nelson or sitting in the balcony at the Alabama Theatre.